DTE Energy Engineering Technician Field (PERT) in Detroit, Michigan
THIS POSITION IS REPRESENTED BY LOCAL 223 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM SUBSTATION BARGAINING UNIT UNDER THE OPT PROVISIONS OF THE CONTRACT. FIRST PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EMPLOYEES IN THE BARGAINING UNIT.
Location: Downtown HQ: Service Building Organization: DE SEE Power Equip & Relay Test
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES The Engineering Technician – Field performs electrical and mechanical equipment inspections and testing on electrical power equipment, protective relaying schemes, SCADA systems and associated controls at DTE Energy locations, primary customer locations and other electric utilities with DTE Energy assets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Implementation of corrective actions for the restoration of failed equipment, • Provide approvals by proxy for equipment repairs or installations, • Ensure all DTE Energy practices, procedures, policies and standards are followed, • Provide superior service to meet, or exceed the needs and expectations of all internal and external customers.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Technology, from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a minimum of two years job related field experience inspecting, testing and the installation of various types of voltage classes (up to 345Kv) of electrical equipment or protective relaying control systems or supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) control systems.
- Must have analytical skills to perform troubleshooting and problem solving using electrical theory and physical science principals.
- Must be able to successfully handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the company.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency reading blueprints, electrical control schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be proficient with basic computer functions, familiar with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Must have a valid driver's license, provide a suitable vehicle for use on Company business and meet Company driving standards.
- May require certification to perform work at our Fermi II Nuclear Plant.
- This job requires the working of overtime as required.
- Must successfully complete all safety related, organizational and corporate training as assigned.
- Must be able to carry equipment weighing approximately 70 pounds and be able to work from ladders, elevated platforms or locations with uncertain footing.
- This job requires the performance of other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: International Electrical Testing Association (NETA) training and/or certification.
- Preferred: Military experience in an electrical field.
- Preferred: Experience in leading and coordinating activities in large scale construction projects.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which they’re assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Job: Electric Distribution Operations %26 Maintenance
Title: Engineering Technician Field (PERT)
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 09408