DTE Energy Associate Account Manager in Grand Rapids, Michigan
The objective of this position is to sustain and increase Company revenue and profitability. Meeting this objective will be accomplished by establishing, enhancing and managing customer relationships through increased customer satisfaction and loyalty. The assigned customer base will generally consist of small to medium commercial and industrial companies. This position’s primary responsibility will be to provide back office administrative account management and fulfillment support. In addition, this position will be to establish relationships with the assigned customers’ key decision makers. The Associate Account Manager will be accountable for maintaining high customer satisfaction levels and for identifying growth opportunities. The Associate Account Manager will also be responsible for determining best rate/price, providing price comparisons, solving customer billing and payment issues, customer expansion activities, etc.
- Provide “back office” administrative account management and fulfillment support (e.g. respond to gas load, invoice or service inquiries, perform billing error analytics and corrections, administer lost gas related processes; elevated pressure, unregistered gas, zero use, etc.), support the gas facilities construction initiation and fulfillment processes and create/prepare reports, as required.
- Manage a book of small to medium sized commercial and/or industrial accounts, proactively develop, maintain and manage relationships with customers’ key decision makers by understanding customer’s operation, energy related applications and needs.
- Proactively work with customers and perform simple rate comparisons to determine the best available natural gas rates to retain or reacquire customers and ensure that customers are on the best rate. Administer special pricing contracts; educate customers about natural gas rates.
- Proactively work with customer portfolio to identify business opportunities and customer needs to enhance customer relationships and generate revenue. Manage the customer service process and address service related issues.
- Coordinate and resolve customers’ billing and service related issues/concerns (e.g. process rate change, disconnects and turn-on requests, meter change outs, prepare contracts & tax forms, address changes, change of business name, service interruptions, collection matters, etc.).
- Work with customers to facilitate and coordinate building expansion and construction issues, changes in their load profiles, administration of rules and policies, collection of associated natural gas charges, etc.
- Maintain customer assignments, contact information and customer interactions into Customer Relationship Managements application (CRM).
- Proactively contact customers regarding products and services DTE offers.
- Join professional related customer organizations. Actively participate in those organizations as well as other community activities.
- Maintain and correct customer and account assignments in all corporate system applications.
- Proactively establish and maintain relationships with individuals in other internal DTE Energy departments who directly and indirectly impact and or influence the level of service received by assigned business customers.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities (PRT huddles, After Action Reviews, Process Mapping, etc. Qualifications:
Education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following options: Associate Degree in Engineering or Business with 2 years’ experience in a marketing and sales or customer service organization, OR
High school diploma or GED and 4 years of experience in marketing or customer service required
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Economics, or Business
- Demonstrate technical & analytical skills required to interpret basic rate/price information and resolve commercial & industrial customer rate/price inquiries
- Demonstrate ability to model and resolve fundamental billing related issues and perform rate/price comparisons
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with subject matter experts at the Company and key decision makers at the customers
- Demonstrate persuasive sales and negotiating skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently work with business customers and internal cross-functional organizations to resolve customer issues
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment that supports and willingly assists work group members to achieve business success
- Demonstrate strong organization skills and the flexibility necessary to prioritize and adjust daily/weekly/monthly assignments and schedules to meet customer and Company objectives
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of DTE Energy roles, responsibilities, processes, procedures, rates, special contracts, and products/services
- Improve knowledge and skill level by continuously seeking new information and learning new methods of performing work
- Must have working knowledge of computer applications; Excel, Word, Power Point
- Will be required to complete a Company sponsored basic electricity class
- Will be required to complete a Company sponsored energy management class or equivalent
- Will be required to complete a Company sponsored sales and negotiating class -Possess a valid driver's license and meet Company driving standards
- Provide own transportation
Job: Sales %26 Marketing
Title: Associate Account Manager
Primary Location: Michigan-Grand Rapids
Requisition ID: 09077